Company: Williams Homes
Posted on: August 4, 2022
SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE: The Purchasing Agent establishes budgets through
accurate and detailed estimating of construction drawings. Solicit
and gather bids for the purpose of establishing final budgets and
the issuing of contracts for the intended work. Take full
responsibility for bidding, negotiating, and hiring trade partners
to maintain a competitive edge on costs while meeting the company's
standards of quality, reliability, and overall performance of trade
partners and suppliers. ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Prepare Bid Comparison and review with management team. Assist
in selection of preferred bidder based on competitiveness and
ability to fulfill contract requirements
- Negotiate best possible pricing while maintaining quality of
product and speed of production.
- Maintain trade scopes of work to ensure they match the project
plans and requirements.
- Resolve specification, scope of work, and plan conflicts within
- Manage and coordinate the process in maintaining Newstar
accounting issues related to contracts or trade partner
- Responsible for performing plan takeoffs as needed.
- Update and maintain existing contracts as required.
- Review all extra change orders to verify within accordance of
approved take-offs, scopes of work, proper reason codes utilized,
and work to resolve issues as they arise.
- Identify areas and trends in change orders to prevent and to
- Interact with Suppliers/Trade Partners and Field Staff to
resolve payment issues, product replacement and other
- Maintain organization of Suppliers/Trade Partner files and
- Review plan, create/revise budgets for multiple new and ongoing
communities to ensure budget is supported.
- Ensure adherence to department policies and procedures.
- Assist with communication and pricing negotiations with trade
partners for the division.
- Cross train in all areas of purchasing to be able to help as
- Assist with recruiting new trade partners to maintain the
appropriate trade base.
- Attend frame walks and other team meetings in the field/office
as required. PM22Requirements:
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High School or GED Diploma required. Associates Degree in
Business or similarly related major, preferred.
- 3 - 5 years in homebuilding, construction, or related
- Strong knowledge of and experience with general contract terms
- Strong communication and negotiation skills. DISCLAIMER: Please
note this job description is not designed to be a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required
of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and
activities may change at any time with or without notice. Employee
may be asked to perform other duties as assigned. Williams Homes is
an Equal Opportunity Employer. Williams Homes, Inc. is not
accepting unsolicited assistance from search/recruiting firms for
this position. Please, no phone calls or emails. All submissions by
search/recruiting firms to any employee at Williams Homes whether
via email, Internet, phone call, or any form and/or method without
a valid written agreement in place for this position will be deemed
the sole property of Williams Homes. No fees will be paid in the
event the candidate is hired by Williams Homes as a result of the
Keywords: Williams Homes, Bozeman , Purchasing Agent, Sales , Bozeman, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!