Safety Educator Intern
Company: BARNARD CONSTRUCTION
Posted on: August 31, 2019
Barnard Construction Company, Inc., based in Bozeman, Montana, is a
heavy-civil construction company with projects underway across
North America. Barnard is ranked by Engineering News-Record, a
leading construction industry periodical, as one of the nation s
Top 400 civil contractors. We specialize in dam construction and
rehabilitation, power transmission and distribution, tunneling,
inland marine, oil, gas, utility, and sewer and water pipeline
projects. We offer competitive salaries, profit sharing, 401(k)s, a
generous health plan, annual bonuses, and challenging career
opportunities with a financially solid company. Barnard s people
are the reason for the success of the company. Our reputation
attracts the highest quality personnel, people who are committed to
producing projects that set a standard for excellence. At Barnard,
we build the riskiest, most difficult, complex jobs we can find and
we hire people who thrive on tough work and demanding
* Provide leadership for the implementation, enforcement and
continuous improvement of Barnard safety policies and
* Enforce safe practices with a visible presence on jobsites.
* Prepare and review Safety Plans, Accident Prevention Plans and
Job Hazard Analyses.
* Coordinate drug screening requirements for construction
* Develop, coordinate and/or present specific safety training for
* Coordinate the purchase, issuance, adequacy and use of safety
equipment (PPE) for field crews.
* Develop and coordinate safety forms/policies for use by field
* Distribute Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) to field crews on
* Assist with accident investigation/reporting, as needed.
* Communicate and interact with field crews daily, with tact,
courtesy and professionalism.
* Communicate with our clients on a project basis with an emphasis
on customer service.
* Engage in site safety inspections; coordinate corrections with
* Track and provide insight into common issues, trends, problems,
and opportunities to reduce losses and incident costs; maintain
information and performance measurement systems to ensure that loss
information is tracked and effectively communicated.
* Participate in pre-construction and regular contractor status
* Currently enrolled as a full time student pursuing an
undergraduate degree in Safety Engineering, Occupational Health and
Safety or related construction field.
* Ability to understand and interpret written material, including
technical information, rules, regulations, agency rules, and
* Must be detail-oriented and an effective communicator.
* Must have the ability to wear personal protective equipment
(PPE), such as respirator, and meet the physical demands of the
position, such as walking, standing, lifting up to 40 pounds,
climbing ladders and stairs, bending, squatting and crawling in
tight spaces to safely access work.
* A sound knowledge of relevant federal requirements for
EOE, E-Verify Employer
Keywords: BARNARD CONSTRUCTION, Bozeman , Safety Educator Intern, Other , Bozeman, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!