Company: BARNARD CONSTRUCTION
Posted on: January 1, 2019
Barnard Construction Company, Inc., based in Bozeman, Montana, is a multi-discipline construction company with projects underway across North America. Barnard is ranked by Engineering News-Record, a leading construction industry periodical, as one of the nation's Top 10 transmission and distribution contractors. We specialize in power transmission and substation construction, dam construction and rehabilitation, tunneling, inland marine, oil, gas, utility, and sewer and water pipeline projects. We offer competitive salaries, profit sharing, 401(k)s, a generous health plan, annual bonuses, and challenging career opportunities with a financially solid company. Barnard's people are the reason for the success of the company. Our reputation attracts the highest quality personnel, people who are committed to producing projects that set a standard for excellence. At Barnard, we build the riskiest, most difficult, complex jobs we can find and we hire people who thrive on tough work and demanding opportunities.
- Provide leadership for the implementation, enforcement and continuous improvement of Barnard safety policies and processes.
- Enforce safe practices with a visible presence on jobsites.
- Prepare and review Safety Plans, Accident Prevention Plans and Job Hazard Analyses.
- Coordinate drug screening requirements for construction projects.
- Develop, coordinate and/or present specific safety training for field employees.
- Coordinate the purchase, issuance, adequacy and use of safety equipment (PPE) for field crews.
- Develop and coordinate safety forms/policies for use by field crews.
- Distribute Safety Data Sheets (SDS) to field crews on routine basis.
- Assist with accident investigation/reporting, as needed.
- Communicate and interact with field crews daily, with tact, courtesy and professionalism.
- Communicate with our clients on a project basis with an emphasis on customer service.
- Engage in site safety inspections; coordinate corrections with all contractors.
- Track and provide insight into common issues, trends, problems, and opportunities to reduce losses and incident costs; maintain information and performance measurement systems to ensure that loss information is tracked and effectively communicated.
- Participate in pre-construction and regular contractor status meetings.
- Demonstrated experience performing safety-related duties on electrical transmission and substation projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Safety Engineering, Occupational Health and Safety or related construction field.
- Ability to understand and interpret written material, including technical information, rules, regulations, agency rules, and executive orders.
- Must be detail-oriented and an effective communicator.
- Must have the ability to meet the physical demands of the position, such as walking, standing, lifting up to 40 pounds, climbing ladders and stairs, bending, squatting and crawling in tight spaces to safely access work.
- A sound knowledge of relevant federal requirements for construction industry.
- Completion of 10-hour OSHA training.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with OSHA 1926 Construction Industry Regulations.
- Ability to speak and understand Spanish.
EOE, E-Verify Employer
Keywords: BARNARD CONSTRUCTION, Bozeman , Safety Professional, Other , Bozeman, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!