Posted on: September 18, 2023
Overview: Founded in 1969, Herzog is headquartered in St.
Joseph, Missouri, with a satellite office in Fort Worth, Texas.
Over the course of our 50+ year history, Herzog has become a
national leader in the construction, operations and maintenance of
commuter rail, light rail, streetcar, and freight rail
We believe our culture is at the heart of our existence. It is that
belief which empowers every member of our professional family to
act with purpose and passion as they advance their career
throughout their personal pursuit of excellence.
Backed by over five decades of experience, Herzog delivers
exceptional customer service and elite results.
Our success is the outcome of our relentless pursuit of excellence,
our passion for our customers, safety without compromise, and a
deep-rooted belief in the power of team.
We invite you to join us on our journey to excellence as we work to
be better today than yesterday and better tomorrow than today.
Herzog Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a Signal Foreman in
Missoula, MT to join our team. The position of the Signal Foreman
is a supervisory position responsible for overseeing and directing
crews, that perform physical labor at railroad signal projects. In
addition to supervising in the installation and repair of railroad
signal and communication structures and components.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This is a non-exhaustive overview of the job duties for this
- Oversees in the installation and repair of railroad signal and
communication structures and components.
- Ensure the overall supervision of all onboard crew members.
This includes job instructions, training, evaluations and accident
investigations when necessary.
- Construct forms and foundations for signal equipment, hydraulic
and pneumatic systems.
- Supervises and assists in the installation of
signal/communication structures and components.
- Lubricate moving parts on mechanical equipment such as switch
- Set up barricades to isolate potentially dangerous
- Prepare and paint signal equipment.
- Install, inspect, test, repair, and maintain signal, train
control, and electrical equipment.
- Provide contractor support as directed.
- Load and unload supplies, dig holes and trenches for cable,
climb poles and signal masts. Handle cable and wire to make
- Use non-power tools (shovels, picks, axes, sledgehammers); high
precision measuring tools (micrometers, voltmeters, amp meters,
recorders); hand tools (screwdrivers, wrenches, pliers, tape
measurers); power tools (drills, wrenches, power saws).
- Cleans and maintains work areas.
- Regular and consistent engagement, participation and promotion
of Herzog's Culture and its essential behaviors are a requirement
for this position
- Regular and predictable attendance and punctuality are a
requirement for this position.
- Be on-call and prepared to travel at moment's notice.
- Other duties as assigned. Travel Requirements:
- Travel is required with time away from home. Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Employees will have 45 calendar days (from date of hire) to
obtain a Commercial Learner's Permit and 120 calendar days (from
date of hire) to obtain a Class A CDL license, if not already
- Preferred railroad experience or construction labor, farming,
- Preferred past electrical/communication background.
- Mechanical comprehension and experience interpreting schematics
and diagrams preferred.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well with
- Must provide steel toe boots (safety vest, glasses and hardhat
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Must be reliable, organized, and flexible.
- Must submit daily activity logs
- Ability to work on a computer daily to complete tasks.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and written.
- Experience with Word and Excel.
- Basic email etiquette
- Company provides required Personal Protective Equipment
including a Safety Boots Allowance Program. Pre-Employment
- Subject to pre-employment background check and motor vehicle
- Maintain valid driver's license and endorsements as required
- Pass pre-employment DOT physical, medical evaluation, and drug
screen due to the safety sensitive nature of this position.
- This position requires you to pass and maintain a DOT medical
evaluation to drive a Herzog commercial vehicle.
- Must successfully pass color/vision examinations as required by
- Successfully complete and maintain any required safety
certification and testing on an annual basis. Physical
The physical demands described below must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential job functions of this role. This
position will be physically demanding at times. This is a
non-exhaustive overview of the physical requirements for this
- Regularly lift up to 100 pounds.
- Lift and transfer weight up to 70 pounds for a distance of up
to 100 feet.
- Work in extreme all-weather conditions; uneven surfaces; safety
sensitive work environment.
- Able to walk on uneven surfaces up to 1 mile.
- Regularly ascend and descend an 18 step ladder with up to 25
pounds. Frequently climb on/off equipment.
- Regularly push/pull with a body force of up to 50 pounds.
- Use hands to regularly grasp or squeeze wrenches, switches
requiring force up to 60 pounds.
- Must successfully pass color/vision examinations as required by
- Must be able to hear and distinguish auditory signals.
- Able to work in conditions with loud noise; work on/around
- Regularly kneel, bend, squat while transferring up to 25 pounds
- Regularly sit and stand for an extended period of time.
- Work in a confined access/space environment as narrow as 18
- Herzog is nationally recognized for its excellent corporate
safety record which results from all employees at all levels, in
all positions adhering to established policies and procedures.
Reporting any and all safety violations to your immediate
supervisor is a prerequisite for continued employment. Safety
diligence by all results in a safe work environment for all.
- Herzog offers a robust benefits package including medical and
dental coverage. The plans are specific to projects and locations.
Led by our beliefs and executed through our behaviors, at Herzog we
build upon each other's contributions by collaborating to make
great things possible.
When you join Herzog, we give you the ability and authority to do
the same. We will help you take charge of your 20 square feet in a
manner that you will facilitate your growth and advancement as a
person, as a member of our professional family and in your
If you are interested in joining our team, scroll to the top of the
page and click Apply to start your application.
It is the policy of Herzog Technologies, Inc. to provide equal
opportunity in employment for all qualified individuals regardless
of race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry,
disability, medical condition, age, citizenship, sex, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital
status, pregnancy, genetic information, military status, veteran
status, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Herzog, Bozeman , Signal Foreman, Other , Toston, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!