Body Sander - Afternoon Shift
Company: Gibson Guitars
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Job Summary: The mission of the Body Sander is to create the
ideal bare wood guitar body. Body sanders are the last step in the
guitar body assembly process before the guitar takes final shape
with the fitting of a neck. They are responsible for ensuring that
moving the guitar forward it has no binding gaps, thumb sands,
cracks, dings, and that all areas are sanded to spec. Body sanders
play an important role in the process of creating a guitar that is
both playable, and aesthetically pleasing.
* Learn and execute standard operating procedures.
* Inspect raw wood material for cracks, pitch pockets, and grain
* Safely operate multiple types of sanders to produce units with
optimal finish and thickness.
* 95% pass rate based on production requirements.
* Understands and meets quality standards.
* Maintains product flow at appropriate rate.
* Adheres to department protocols (5S and Safety).
* Strong attention to detail.
* Outstanding time management skillset with the ability to
prioritize without direct supervision.
* Develop a strong understanding of all guitar models.
Education and Experience:
* Results oriented and driven, with a track record for delivering
* Must be 18 years of age or older.
* Must be able to stand all day and lift guitars throughout the
The company's Job Descriptions are not intended to be a complete
detailed account of all expected/anticipated activities. We operate
in a fast-moving and competitive global environment and therefore
need employees to be flexible.
Keywords: Gibson Guitars, Bozeman , Body Sander - Afternoon Shift, Other , Bozeman, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!