SSVF Landlord Liaison
Company: VOA Northern Rockies
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Each day at Volunteers of America, we strive to exemplify our
foundational pillar of Servant Leadership and Cultural Values of
Communication, Compassion, Integrity, Respect,---and Excellence.
Summary/Objective The Landlord Liaison will assist in overcoming
barriers that prevent Veterans from obtaining and maintaining
stable housing by developing relationships with landlords within
the community, providing education, and facilitating communication
between Veterans and landlords. Essential Functions
- Coordinate landlord outreach efforts with local partners to
include apartment associations, real estate agencies, and other
community partners, emphasizing recruiting additional property
owners willing to lease their properties to SSVF clients.
- Provide educational training for landlords, staff, and Veteran
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts in the property
management and real estate industry.
- Ensure ongoing communication with Service Coordinators on any
housing availabilities .
- Educate Veteran Services staff on how to conduct home visits,
building them into a housing plan.
- Identify and organize landlord appreciation opportunities.
- Support Service Coordinators and clients enrolled in the
Shallow subsidy program.
- Assist landlords in conflict resolution and problem-solving in
dilemmas that may arise with housed Veterans enrolled in the
- Remain current on local housing trends. Job
- Crisis management -
- Ability to work with multiple staff, clients, and agencies.
- Able to meet tight deadlines under pressure. -
- Organization skills -
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Practical -oral and written communication skills -
- Continuous demonstration of behaviors aligned with a posture of
servant leadership and our cultural values. - Work Environment -
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role
routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers,
photocopiers, and smartphones. - Physical Demands - The physical
demands described here -represent -those that -an employee must
meet -to -perform this job's essential functions successfully. -
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision and -the -ability to adjust focus.
This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets
and bend or stand on a -stool -as necessary. - - Position
Type/Expected Hours of Work - This is a full-time position. Days
and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. -
Travel - Travel will be necessary with this position. - Required
Education, Experience, -or Eligibility Qualifications -
- Associate -degree in human services, behavioral science, -or
related field with a minimum of two years of case management
experience or closely related experience - - Or - - -
- High School diploma or equivalent and a minimum of three years
of case management experience or closely related field experience
- Must have a valid driver's license and complete a Federal
Criminal Background Check with approved status. -
- Adept with computer programs including but not limited to
Microsoft Office suite and data information management -systems---
- - EEO Statement - - VOA is -an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the
Americans with Disabilities Amendments Act (ADAAA). - Other Duties
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or
responsibilities -required of the employee for this job. Duties,
-obligations, -and activities may change at any time with or
without notice. -
Keywords: VOA Northern Rockies, Bozeman , SSVF Landlord Liaison, Other , Bozeman, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!