Hospice Care Consultant
Posted on: January 4, 2022
Current Compassus Colleagues: Please apply via Workday.Position
SummaryThe Hospice Care Consultant (HCC) is responsible for
modeling the 3 Company values of Compassion, Integrity, and
Excellence, and for promoting the Compassus philosophy, using the 6
Pillars of success as the foundation. S/he is responsible for
upholding the Code of Ethical Conduct and for promoting positive
working relationships within the company, among all departments,
and all external stakeholders. The HCC is responsible for leading
the business development activities to drive admissions within
assigned book of business. Through cross-functional cooperation,
the HCC is responsible for the total value creation from the
account relationships within the book of business. The HCC will be
the primary face of the company to these referral sources and will
develop business plans, marshal the company's resources to secure
growth, build collaboration and report success against these
plans.Position Specific Responsibilities
- In specified assigned accounts within the book of business, the
HCC generates demand for Compassus services by constantly improving
the company's competitive position.
- Responsible for achieving and growing total revenue, including
hospice admissions in assigned book of business. Assists in
advancing market position consistent with Company goals. Achieves
deep and thorough account penetration and develops new target
accounts to obtain new and expanded referral relationships.
- Understands the strategic context of the referral persons and
the markets in which Compassus competes.
- Builds relationships at all levels within the customer
organization and utilizes a higher level of referral person call
point to build robust relationships with influencer, decision
makers and account champions.
- Communicates with, aligns, and collaborates with the extended
Compassus colleagues to execute on the book of business growth
- Articulates plans to cross functional stakeholders and gains
commitment to collaborate and execute.
- Responsible for complete book of business analysis and planning
to ensure growth goals are achieved.
- Develops and manages key referral relationships. Services book
of business and interfaces directly with physicians, staff, and
- Serves existing and prospective referral relationships by
discovering customer needs and requirements and by meeting or
exceeding their expectations.
- Conducts growth presentations for new and existing referral
sources as necessary.
- Continuously works with referral sources to monitor performance
and identify needs.
- Provides clinical training and education to customers. Assists
in disseminating clinical information to referral sources,
coordinating relevant colleague interactions to assist with growth
goals of assigned book of business.
- Maintains up-to-date and accurate records in the CRM.
Interfaces with leadership, marketing and executive team to
quantify needs and to provide intelligence to management on
competition and service programming enhancements.
- Keeps abreast of new programming and service offerings in the
market and of current and future Company solutions.
- Monitors and reports service complaints or concerns.
- Consistently works to improve personal knowledge and selling
acumen to become of greater value to the most important current and
prospective referral sources and to the Company.
- Maintains the necessary reporting documents, including CRM
records, admissions and referral forecasts, pipeline, market
trends, competitor activities, and strategic initiatives reports
that provide adherence to Compassus policy.
- Responsible for the success of the assigned book of business in
terms of the Compassus' reputation and profitability.
- Networks extensively within assigned book of business and
- Manages complex, interdepartmental referral source decision
makers, influencers and champions.
- Ensures that the Compassus' relationship is indispensable and
irreplaceable to the referral source.
- Requires cultural sensitivity within a diverse work
- Maintains knowledge of referral source's long-term goals,
objectives, and overall business strategies.
- Engages current and prospective referral sources in new
solution development initiatives.
- Drives the referral source's organization toward mutually
agreed upon clinical standards and education goals.
- Provides insights to positively impact the Compassus strategic
- Increases credibility and brand awareness in the
- Sets a standard of ethics and excellence in alignment with the
- Acts as an ambassador of professional standards.
- Marshals company resources, including account management,
clinical education, relationship building, referral development and
- Ensures Compassus services are in demand across the assigned
book of business to meet or exceed assigned targets for all
- Coordinates with other colleagues to provide customer focus
after the admission and during the referral process to increase
positive customer relationships and to identify other growth
opportunities in their assigned book of business.
- Responsible for submitting a variety of reports, including CRM
reporting, as well as growth plans in a timely and accurate
manner.KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's in Business and/or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Previous successful related experience, including five plus
years of related industry experience, of which included a
successful track record in customer relationship and account
management in the appropriate industry segment.
- Proven selling and customer relationship management skills with
the ability to navigate a sales process to include
- Strong clinical knowledge, with the confidence to knowledgably
engage key stakeholders such as physicians, clinical staff, nurses,
and department managers to present a value proposition.
- Professional presence that influences desired results with both
external and internal stakeholders.
- A valid driver's license and auto liability insurance.
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations
- A valid driver's license and auto liability insurance.
Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, complies with
applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on
the basis of
race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Compassus,
including all Compassus affiliates, does not exclude people or
differently because of race, color, national origin, age,
disability, or sex.CategorySales Representatives of Services,
Except Advertising, Insurance, Financial Services, and
TravelEducationBachelor's DegreeExperience5 to 20+ yearsJob
Keywords: Compassus, Bozeman , Hospice Care Consultant, Other , Bozeman, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!