Company: Gibson Guitars
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job Summary: The Engineering Manager is responsible for the
maintenance and improvement of the facilities and the production
processes. They motivate and guide a team of Engineers, Machinists,
and Technicians to constantly drive data-based solutions to the
issues involved with the production of the world's best
- Facilitates and leads the Engineering and Facilities teams
through mentoring and daily management of the Engineering and
- Drives idea creation for the improvement of the facility and
the production processes in areas of SQDC, material/tool usage, and
- Is the subject-matter expert for the leadership team on all
issues dealing with the facility, machines, and systems.
- Creates timelines and priority structure for the multitude of
short and long-term projects being worked on to improve the
facility and the production processes.
- Spearheads large, factory-wide projects that require input from
multiple groups (Engineering, Facilities, QC, Purchasing,
Production, Accounting, IT).
- Works directly with Product Development to manage the
additional Engineering/Production work required for prototypes,
special-runs, and one-of-a-kind guitars.
- Works with the Controller to create and manage the capex for
the coming year and for large projects/purchases.
- Safety documentation and resolution experience.
- Facility maintenance & upkeep experience.
- Familiarity with CAD and CAM programs.
- Understanding of LEAN production.
- Training in QC root-cause problem-solving.
- Time-studies and takt time implementation experience.
- Automated environmental controls experience.
- Intimate knowledge of Human-factors engineering and how to
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required, IE or MFGE a plus;
or 5+ years related experience in a manufacturing environment; or
an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years' experience in a Leadership role, preferably in a
consumer goods manufacturing environment.
- Some travel to other facilities is required.
The company's Job Descriptions are not intended to be a complete
detailed account of all expected/anticipated activities. We operate
in a fast-moving and competitive global environment and therefore
need employees to be flexible.
Keywords: Gibson Guitars, Bozeman , Engineering Manager, Other , Bozeman, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!