Why We're Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives
better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic
hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new
boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect,
from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose
Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives of
coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that
happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve
lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in
return. It all starts with you.
How We're Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life
kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you -
with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky
personality - is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we
know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds
who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who
don't need to be told what to do to get things done. People who
have an innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky,
irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright
exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.
What You'll Do
Provide guests with quality customer service by demonstrating
excellent food and beverage knowledge. Serve guests food and
beverages in their room in a timely and professional manner all the
while providing extraordinary service to our guests along the way.
Act as an advocate for the hotel, be a creator of ridiculously
personal experiences and develop relationships with guests that
will compel them to return.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Memorize current menu items and prices, familiarize yourself on
the wine list and vintages.
- Set up scheduled coffee service each morning by 6:00am.
- Review orders as they arrive and properly prepare the correct
amount of silver, linens, and vases.
- Check orders for presentation and completeness, cover and place
in the cart for delivery, with water and beverages added last.
- Ensure meal completion time is monitored; if meal delivery will
be beyond 5 minutes of estimated times, guest is contacted, offered
apologies and advised of new time.
- Prepare and set up the dining area according to guest
- Verify wine orders with guests and be sure to present, cork and
offer it to the guests for their approval.
- Be familiar with ticketing and cash handling, check
presentation and organization.
- Ensure that stations are properly cleaned, stocked, and
- We all wear multiple hats here at Kimpton. You may need to take
on responsibilities outside of this job description at times, as we
What You Bring
- 1 year of experience in a similar or supportive role is
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills.
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks in a dynamic
- Able to learn, retain, and present product, menu, and allergy
information to guests.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn the restaurant point-of-sale
- Highly motivated, and flexible individual, confident in taking
- Flexible schedule, able to work mornings, nights, holidays, and
weekends when needed.
- Food Handler and Alcohol Awareness Certifications (if
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a
culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant
guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees
to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That
includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles,
education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of
all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual
orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO
policy click here.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.