HR Business Partner - Tech Engineering
Posted on: June 8, 2021
- Experience in high tech industry and tech engineering client
group support preferred.
The HR Business Partner will partner with assigned internal
client groups to understand short-term and long-term business goals
and to develop and deliver talent management programs and solutions
in support of them. This role has responsibilities for matters
including but not limited to employee relations, change management,
performance development, employee engagement, coaching, retention,
and succession planning. The HR Business Partner plays a critical
role in nurturing the Workiva culture by encouraging positive
relations between employees and by modeling open communication and
- Establish excellent relationships with business leaders and
employees in assigned internal client groups to build understanding
of their strategies, challenges, opportunities, and needs.
- Design and implement talent solutions that drive positive
changes across the organization.
- Utilize a strong understanding of the HR body of knowledge when
partnering with assigned client groups.
- Develop effective collaborative partnerships across the HR team
to ensure consistent alignment with goals and priorities and to
develop and implement effective solutions.
- Influence talent decisions by keeping a pulse on the business,
teams, local market, and industry.
- Identify gaps in current talent and helps leaders anticipate
and plan for future needs.
- Extend advice and coach employees and management on human
resources issues including employee relations, conflict resolution,
company policy interpretation, and management principles.
- Interpret and leverage data to problem-solve and drive talent
- Influence organizational design decisions and contribute to
change management and communication plans.
- Conduct investigations and resolve employee issues.
- Provide guidance, coaching, and advice as an innovative
problem-solver in performance related matters. Ensure legal
compliance and mitigate risk.
- Coach and train managers to establish and maintain a positive
culture and engaging work environment.
- Lead and manage employee engagement activities.
- Foster the company's employee-centric culture, encouraging open
and transparent communications.
- Update and monitor adherence to HR policies/procedures and
timelines; ensure legal compliance.
What You'll Need
- Ability to build trust and credibility with key business
partners and all levels of employees across the company, including
- Strong ability to coach, provide guidance, influence, and
facilitate healthy dialogue.
- Highly effective leadership and strategic influencing
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Able to translate strategic initiatives into operational
- Self-motivated with strong propensity for action, results, and
- Able to work in a high-energy, fast paced, rapidly changing
- A high level of confidentially and demonstrated good judgment.
Must handle highly sensitive matters in a timely and professional
- Under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances, takes initiative
to pull together stakeholders that can propose solutions.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret federal and state
- Thrives in a collaborative team environment.
- 5+ years progressive responsibility in human resources
disciplines including employee relations, change management,
compensation, diversity, organizational development, and
- Preferred experience in a global high growth software
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources,
or related field preferred.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP certification strongly
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Up to 15% travel
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working
remotely, not in a Workiva office.
How You'll Be Rewarded
- Base Pay Range in Colorado: $102,000 - $132,000
- A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
- Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
The base pay range represents the low and high end of the hiring
range for this job. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below
the range based on various factors including but not limited to
relevant skills, experience, and capabilities.
Where You'll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these
values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team
members, build our products and in the work environment we've
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique
culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday.
We give our employees the freedom and resources they need-backed by
our culture of collaboration and diverse thought-to continue
innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a
wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some
of today's most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you'll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from
competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest
physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most
people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource
Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans,
Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering,
Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental
Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside
Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/workiva-life-and-careers/
Learn more: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative
Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We
value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we
recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought,
varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made
without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national
origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information,
marital status, citizenship status or any other protected
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request
assistance with the application process, please email
Keywords: Workiva, Bozeman , HR Business Partner - Tech Engineering, Other , Bozeman, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!