Why We're Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives
better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic
hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new
boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect,
from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose
Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives of
coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that
happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve
lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in
return. It all starts with you.
How We're Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life
kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you -
with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky
personality - is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we
know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds
who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who
don't need to be told what to do to get things done. People who
have an innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky,
irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright
exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.
What You'll Do
Provide the guests, either on the phone or in person, with
information and support in a professional and gracious manner.
Receive and coordinate reservations and seating for daily and/or
nightly service, all the while providing outstanding service to our
guests along the way. Act as an advocate for the restaurant, be a
creator of ridiculously personal experiences, and develop
relationships with guests that will compel them to return.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Greet all restaurant guests, be knowledgeable about the area
and provide information when asked.
- Provide fair and consistent seating of guests.
- Accurately handle paperwork, stock and tidy the host
- Receive incoming calls, accurately book reservations for
- Taking room service orders if applicable.
- Check floor and tables for accuracy and cleanliness, assist in
- Help servers by refilling beverages when needed.
- Perform other restaurant and customer service related requests
- We all wear multiple hats here at Kimpton. You may need to take
on responsibilities outside of this job description at times, as we
What You Bring
- Previous customer service or hospitality experience is
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks in a dynamic
- Able to learn, retain, and present product, menu and allergy
information to guests.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn the restaurant point-of-sale
system and reservation system.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, a real passion
for hospitality, and you love crafting unique and memorable
experiences for guests.
- Food Handler Certification (if applicable).
- Flexible schedule and are able to work weekends, nights, and
holidays when needed.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a
culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant
guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees
to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That
includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles,
education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of
all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual
orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO
policy click here.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.