Company: Kimpton Hotels
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Why We're Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives
better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic
hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new
boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect,
from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose
Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives of
coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that
happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve
lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in
return. It all starts with you.
How We're Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life
kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you -
with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky
personality - is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we
know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds
who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who
don't need to be told what to do to get things done. People who
have an innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky,
irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright
exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.
What You'll Do
As the Chief Engineer, you'll be responsible for maintaining all
equipment, systems, and building components and other work normally
maintained and performed by hotel Maintenance Engineers. Additional
responsibilities will include management and decision making
authority for day-to-day operations and leading a team of
Stationary Operating Engineers.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Operate, repair, and maintain all equipment, including but not
limited to; all pumps, boilers, motors, chillers, electrical
systems, refrigeration systems, lighting, hotel appliances, and the
hotel physical plant.
- Repair and maintain the lock and key systems.
- Perform some minor construction work.
- Paint all surfaces and equipment, make minor wall covering
repairs, and minor furniture touch-ups.
- Perform necessary inspections and repairs as required and
designated to the kitchen and restaurant equipment and
- Maintain day-to-day documentation.
- Lead staff (for those properties that have staff) by conducting
performance evaluations, holding monthly departmental meetings,
leading training on both technical and safety systems, building and
maintaining your team.
- Maintain open and positive relationship with the People &
- Notify your supervisor when parts are needed by using the
accurate requisition system or want list as appropriate, including
- Maintain accurate logs of equipment tests, such as fire alarm
systems, emergency lighting, fire extinguishers, etc. Repair and
preventative maintenance logs, monthly reports, daily walk reports,
meter readings, etc.
- Any other related duties as assigned by the General Manager or
Corporate Director of Engineering.
What You Bring
- A high school diploma and trade school experience
- 3+ years of hotel maintenance/engineering experience with 2+
years of management experience.
- High-rise Fire Safety, CFC, and chemical testing
- Proficient in electrical, HVAC, plumbing, locksmith,
refrigeration, welding, boiler maintenance, chillers, and carpentry
with a proven electrical and mechanical aptitude.
- Maintain accurate readings and logs.
- Ability to read blueprints and define areas quickly.
- Be proficient in MS Office and other basic platforms.
- Basic management abilities and be able to make reasonable
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a
culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant
guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees
to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That
includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles,
education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of
all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual
orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO
policy click here.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.
Keywords: Kimpton Hotels, Bozeman , Chief Engineer, Other , Bozeman, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!