System Administrator 2021-06
Posted on: June 6, 2021
If you are viewing this job listing from a job posting board
(indeed, LinkedIn, etc.) and wish to apply for this position you
MUST do so directly through our website (http://quantelusa.bamboohr.com/jobs/).
If you apply through Indeed or LinkedIn, your application WILL NOT
be complete and you will therefore not be considered for the
Quantel USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We consider applicants for all positions on the basis of
qualifications and without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, gender, marital status, veteran status,
disability, sexual orientation and any other legally protected
The SA (System Administrator) is responsible for day to day
server and system operations. The SA supports the overall IT
department goals. Core focus is placed on deployment, maintenance,
and networking of server equipment and software. This includes
configuration, troubleshooting, updating, and repairing server
devices and peripherals. The role coordinates with management and
end users to provide availability of servers and applications with
clearly communicated maintenance periods. The SA manages and
documents system architecture and revisions. The SA is the first
responder for server related issues. The SA utilizes thorough
testing strategies to ensure proper configuration and minimize
High level responsibilities:
- Responsible for configuring and maintaining server hardware
(DELL FX2) and software (VMWARE ESXI).
- Responsible for configuring and maintaining server backup
- Ability to quickly and accurately diagnose and resolve complex
- Document and maintain system infrastructure diagrams.
- Ability to work with multiple requests with different
priorities, and implement solutions within critical
- Manages Servers/VMs, UPS, backups, NAS/SAN, RAID and other
- Installs, supports and manages all company servers and resolves
issues as needed.
- Maintain VEEAM backup server and repositories.
- Maintain local/offsite backups per disaster recovery plan.
- Administer and maintain disaster recovery plans and disaster
recovery quality assurance tests for the server infrastructure to
ensure business continuity.
- Installs patches and performs system backups and recovery.
- Monitors system configuration, storage arrays & back-ups and
maintains data files.
- Isolates and resolves hardware and software problems.
- On an as needed basis, provides technical support and guidance
- Other duties as assigned, such as:
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot
endpoint hardware, software, peripheral devices, and networking
- Provide backup IT support.
- High School Diploma/equivalent required
- 5+ years of experience in server administration required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy and
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Desire and ability to learn and apply new concepts and
- Work with limited instruction and supervisory direction;
frequently given latitude on the methods used to achieve assigned
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to exhibit emotional intelligence and patience when
dealing with users
- Good interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and
- Ability to interact professionally with vendors, users, and
- Prefer familiarity with programming languages (Python)
- Prefer industry relevant certifications
- Prefer associate's degree in a Computer Science/Technology
- Prefer computer support work experience in a corporate
- Prefer project management and communication
- Prefer skills in SQL database administration
- Position requires that the person have good close-up vision
(color vision, depth perception and ability to focus), mental
concentration and dexterity to be able to handle and identify small
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand, walk, talk, and hear.
- Must be capable of working in front of a computer for long
periods of time.
- Must be able to walk, stoop, bend, squat, and kneel
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
By using this electronic application, you agree to use an
electronic signature in lieu of a paper-based signature. You
understand that electronic signatures are just like signing any
document and that it is legally binding in the United States and in
other countries. You consent and agree that the use of a key pad,
mouse or other device to select an item, button, icon or similar
act/action while using any electronic service offered; or in
accessing or making any transactions regarding any agreement,
acknowledgement, consent, terms, disclosures or conditions
constitutes your signature, acceptance and agreement as if it were
actually signed by you in writing.
Keywords: QUANTEL, Bozeman , System Administrator 2021-06, Other , Bozeman, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!