Account Executive, KBZK
Company: The E.W. Scripps Company
Posted on: January 8, 2021
E.W. Scripps is a premier media organization headquartered in
Cincinnati, Ohio. We are currently seeking a high-energy,
multi-tasking Account Executive to join our Sales team at KBZK-TV
in Bozeman, Montana. The successful candidate will be a broadcast
experienced aggressive, break-out salesperson to manage an
important list of accounts and develop new and online business for
the station.The Account Executive works under the direction of the
Local Sales Manager to maintain and grow existing
business/relationships with our key accounts. Identify and pursue
ways to increase individual, client and company sales growth and
retention in our full product portfolio. Professional with superior
people skills, great attitude and work ethic. Is excited about the
opportunity for developing relationships and acting as a strategic
business partner for our customers.WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Increase market share from established account base with a
focus on business development.
- Develop high value advertiser relationships and maintain a high
level of advertiser satisfaction and results.
- Consult as a strategic business partner with customers offering
a variety of advertising, marketing and audience sales
- Identify and pursue ways to increase individual, client and
- Conduct needs assessment interviews with clients to develop
customer driven audience solutions.
- Leverages product knowledge and business acuity to create
effective solutions for key/large customers.
- Negotiate large deals and contracts across the full offering of
- Develops layouts, writes ad copy and prepares sales
- Anticipate and address problems outside the normal scope of the
job and offer solutions.
- Initiate, coordinate and conduct formal verbal and written
- Close business in the full product portfolio meeting or
exceeding individual and or team goals.
- Monitor competitive media, trends across markets or client
industries and identifies opportunities to increase market
- Participate in budgeting and forecasting individual revenues
- Create reports on territory performance and strategic
- Adheres to company policy and assigned standards of
- Other duties as assigned by manager.WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline and sales experience
generating leads, cold calling, closing business and managing
clients or comparable combination of education.WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Must have excellent listening skills.
- Ability to craft solutions quickly based on needs
- Demonstrated record of success in a goal oriented, highly
accountable sales environment
- Proven ability to sell multiple products, generate new business
and increase market share.
- Strong ability to develop and manage a sales pipeline, generate
referrals/leads and track/follow-up on leads.
- Excellent presentation, public speaking, interpersonal and
- Must be able to work well under pressure of multiple deadlines
- Must have a diligent work ethic and be dependable.
- The ability to read, analyze, and interpret sales demographics
information to develop creative sales solutions.
- Must be able to use systematic thinking, the ability to
persuade and exhibit effective closing skills.
- Present ability to negotiate large deals and close
- Ability to generate reports, business correspondence, and
- Strong communication skills and the capability to effectively
respond to questions from managers, colleagues and customers.
- Must have the ability to calculate figures related to
advertising rates, discounts, packages, ad sizes, commissions and
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and
other software programs such as customer relations software.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required (proof
of insurance and liability coverage may be required)WHAT WE OFFER
- Extensive Scripps Sales Process training
- A career path to grow your professional experiences
- Uncapped sales commission
- Full benefits; medical, dental and vision
- Retirement savings plan with company match
- Monthly allowance for mileage and cell phoneAbout ScrippsThe
E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) serves audiences and businesses
through a growing portfolio of local and national media brands.
With 60 television stations in 42 markets, Scripps is one of the
nation's largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs a
collection of national journalism and content businesses, including
Newsy , the next-generation national news network; podcast industry
leader Stitcher ; the fast-growing national broadcast networks
Bounce , Grit , Escape , Laff and Court TV ; and Triton , the
global leader in digital audio technology and measurement services.
Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in
Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps
National Spelling Bee . Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for
decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find their
own way."As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W.
Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its
employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation,
gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical
condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national
origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other
basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state
or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the
Keywords: The E.W. Scripps Company, Bozeman , Account Executive, KBZK, Other , Bozeman, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!