Customer Service Tech II
Posted on: August 21, 2019
IDEMIA is the global leader in identity and security. Our mission
is to create a safe and simple future where identity verification
is indisputable, and only you can assert your identity. We are a
distributed company leveraging the latest technologies to deliver
world-class products in the private and public sectors of finance,
telecom, identity, security, retail, sports entertainment,
commercial, government, and IoT. We use a variety of technologies
and approaches to deliver quality product and services to
government agencies and technology companies. IDEMIA is a made up
of a group of 14,000 diverse people from different nationalities,
speaking over 20 different languages. Together, our solutions
impact the everyday lives of citizens and nations. In this
ever-changing world, protecting your identity is paramount. Join
the team that is ensuring one person- one identity.
The primary responsibilities of this position are to support
day-to-day field operations within the state / region, including
interface with the Customer. Communicate with the Customer Service
Supervisor / Manager (CSM) to insure that MorphoTrust remains in
compliance of contractual obligations. A Customer Service
Technician II must service three programs the Company supports,
and/or demonstrate expert knowledge and problem solving
capabilities in at least two supported programs.
Essential Job Functions (includes but is not limited to):
* Act as liaison between the Idemia operations team and the
Customer(s) operational personnel
* Support the day-to-day field service and repairs operation in
order to maintain compliance to the Customer(s) contract
* Remain cognizant of all activities involving the Customer(s) in
order to represent/protect Idemia interests
* Provide/manage hardware and software support and maintenance
* Coordinate the help desk calls for Level 1 and 2 and initiate
Level 3 support, if required, to insure contract compliance for
response time of the Customer(s)
* Responsible for contributing to weekly and monthly reporting as
defined by the Supervisor
* Control/manage consumable and spare parts inventory at levels
described in the Contract and as needed to maintain operations cost
* Participate in establishing and assume ownership of performance
* Support other Customer programs as required
* Responsible for overseeing the maintenance and repair of all
field equipment including computers, cameras, printers, UPS,
signature pads, and fingerprint capture units, and ensuring that
company assets are tracked and safeguarded
* Manage / support the day to day operation in order to maintain
* Responsible for any and all hardware and software upgrades to
* Responsible for designing and documenting all procedures used in
the maintenance, repair, and upgrading of all field equipment
* Interface with principles and support personnel at Idemia for the
diagnosis and repair of problems with field equipment hardware and
* Assist in continuous improvement initiatives intended to improve
performance to the customer and cost savings to Idemia
* Support other State and Federal programs as required
* Be on-call as customer programs dictate.
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Willing and able to take the initiative and be proactive to fix
issues before they create any problems
* Willingness to travel long distances on a daily basis (in-state
driving, overnight stays, occasional out of state travel)
* Willingness to be on-call (beeper/cell phone)
* Ability to vary work hours to meet customer commitments
* Expert knowledge base to install and manage OS, administer users
accounts, security, configuration, patch management, updates and
configure network connectivity for supported programs.
* Comprehensive understanding of configuration and initialization
files, error logging, event viewer as they pertain to software
applications. Must be able to gather, organize, analyze and/or
potentially resolve software issues. Effectively use escalation
procedures and able to manage priorities.
* Provide guidance for installation, configuration and repair of
standard and custom hardware components using support tools such as
schematics, operating manuals and technical documentation.
* Provide leadership in the development, update and maintenance of
support documentation for configurations and standardization.
Interface with configuration management, integration team,
escalation engineering and vendors as appropriate.
* Able to configure network connections; gather, organize, analyze
and troubleshoot network issues; employ support tools to trace
network connectivity issues, diagnose problems and escalate to
proper IT professional for resolution.
* Expertise in at least one area of technical support and can
perform efficiently in various others.
* Technical knowledge often sought by internal and external
* Expert capabilities in triaging and remediating system problems
* Strong skills and capabilities to evaluate and tune systems to
allow them to run efficiently.
* Excellent Root/Cause analysis experience including the
interpretation of Event logs, IIS logs, web.config, and Active
* Extensive Systems Administration Experience
* Database Experience, including SQL and other tools, Familiar with
MS SQL, ORACLE. Experience creating and running stored
* Familiarity with software programing language such as C++, C#, or
* Strong experience with system security including the management
of Certificates, WSE, NTFS, Bitlocker, and Share level
* Strong skills and experience creating deployment solutions
including building system images through standardized tools.
* Extensive network skills and experience including TCP/IP; DHCP,
DNS, WINS, Workgroups, Domains, Active Directory. Additionally, the
configuration, management, and trouble shooting of firewall,
switches, and routers.
Problem Solving, Creativity and Innovation
* Effectively produce, update and maintain all required status
reports and documentation.
* Serve as the Train-The-Trainer to other technicians for customer
requirements on processes, systems and maintenance procedures.
* Effectively applies the processes of related internal
organizations such as QA, Tier 3, and CM to transition upgrades,
patches, etc. into field programs.
* Ability to proficiently plan, schedule and install new systems,
offices relocations, appropriate infrastructure changes for various
* Research, compile, and analyze data to develop recommendations
for appropriate business decisions and/or actions.
* Consistently leads and works on complex assignments requiring
independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve
issues. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on
new assignments. Able to identify and solve new or unique problems
using analysis of facts and/or previous solutions.
* Responsible for planning and carrying out assignments, resolving
conflicts and coordinating work with others. Informs management of
progress and potentially controversial matters.
* Performs independently to determine the appropriate methods and
procedures on new assignments, projects or tasks.
* Leads, coaches, trains and mentors other team members through new
assignments, complex issues, personal objectives and/or
* Manage projects that require significant resources across
multiple functions or organizations.
IDEMIA is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, and other protected characteristics
Keywords: IDEMIA, Bozeman , Customer Service Tech II, Hospitality & Tourism , Bozeman, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!