Patient Care Tech - Surgical Unit (0.75 days)
Company: Bozeman Health
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Part time (24hrs one week, 36hrs the next) day shift Patient
Care Tech position with weekend and holiday requirements. Please
note, full time availability required for initial 1 week
orientation periodThe Surgical Unit at Bozeman Health Deaconess
Regional Medical Center provides care for all adult and pediatric
surgical patients requiring acute inpatient care. The patient
population is comprised of general surgery, trauma, orthopedic,
urological, gynecological, ENT, and other various patient
populations. The patient care tech is accountable for coordinating
care for the patient with the nurse. The tech implements the plan
of patient care in accordance with established methods and
techniques under the direction of the nurse. The tech will function
within the Bozeman Health standards of care which include
accountability for planning, implementing, evaluating and
communicating all phases of care for assigned patients.A patient
care tech on the Surgical Unit routinely performs tasks in meeting
the patients physical needs; reports observations and patient
comments to the nurse; gives close attention to detail in providing
care and reporting patient condition changes; documents I&Os,
vital signs, etc. as requested; assists as requested by nursing,
including hourly rounding on patients in conjunction with the
nurse. The patient care tech is self-directed, possesses excellent
communication skills, and completes assignments accurately,
thoroughly, and with minimal oversight.Position Summary: The
Patient Care Tech is imperative to increasing efficiency,
productivity, as well as patient and team satisfaction. Responsible
for room turnover, assisting in opening of supplies onto the
sterile field, and patient care as delegated by the RN, CST, and/or
the Anesthesiologist. Additional responsibilities include patient
transports, supply management, test and validation of anesthesia
machine circuits between cases, and other duties as requested.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- American Heart Association BLS
- Preferred: Courses in Medical Terminology
- Preferred: College course related to health care
- Preferred: EMT, CNA, or health care related certifications
- Preferred: Specific department experience or patient care
- Preferred: Student in the healthcare fieldEssential Job
- Completes timely and accurate room turnovers.
- Cleans operating rooms after surgical procedures.
- Opens sterile supplies onto a maintained sterile field.
- Transports patients safely between rooms and between beds.
- Performs proper machine checks.
- Maintains appropriate supplies and orders as needed.
- Performs other tasks as appropriate.Knowledge, Skills and
- Ability to work in a busy and stressful environment
- Ability to work varied shifts
- Strong emotional intelligence, interpersonal and teamwork
- Demonstrates sound judgement, patience, and maintains a
professional demeanor at all times
- Creativity, problem analysis and decision making
- Detail oriented, organizational skills and the ability to
- Exercises tact, discretion, sensitivity and maintains
confidentialityThe above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned
to the job classification. They are not to be construed as a
contract of any type nor an exhaustive list of all job duties
performed by individuals so classified.77330150 Surgical
FloorWorking at Bozeman Health is more than just a job--it's a
commitment to caring for the communities of Southwest Montana by
being their partner in health and wellness, compassionately
delivering the best care for each person, every time. In every
role, our employees are inspired by their ability to care for our
community and our Culture of Excellence guides each employee to be
a high performer, engage in transparent and timely communication,
demonstrate dynamic learning and teaching, excel through change,
express gratitude and experience joy.
Keywords: Bozeman Health, Bozeman , Patient Care Tech - Surgical Unit (0.75 days), Healthcare , Bozeman, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!