Construction Project Manager
Company: McKinstry Company
Posted on: August 16, 2019
At McKinstry, we re proud to be a collective group of innovators
and problem solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students.
We strive to create a safe and engaging work environment that
empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering
and construction are revolutionizing the built environment and if
you re driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful
relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may
be the place for you. Serving our community together is one of the
ways we at McKinstry put our shared purpose into action.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience
are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true
consultative partnership is what you will help us provide for our
clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this,
we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
Here s where you come in:
We are currently seeking a Construction Project Manager to join the
team as a member of our growing Platform PNW Energy division in
What you re great at:
* Identifying required resources to achieve project goals.
* Generating preliminary assessments, technical solutions, fee
proposals, presentations, studies, and general support.
* Being the primary contact for project engineering staff during
* Transitioning project management and engineer activities from
design to construction phase and construction to completion
* Communicating with the General Contractor, Architect, Engineer,
Owner, and other stakeholders.
* Supporting and providing input to development strategies, goals,
and objectives specific to project execution at each project
* Developing and managing project plans, schedules and scopes of
* Defining project responsibilities to project management,
engineering and field staff.
* Documenting and resolving subcontractor and vendor billing
* Assisting the business development team in responding to requests
for proposal and bid process.
* Assesing site safety and implements actions to prevent injury to
property and personnel.
* Ensuring safety compliance of subcontractors and all on-site
* Assuming financial responsibility for project including accurate,
timely and relevant reporting to stakeholders.
* Facilitating invoice payments from clients and to
* Reviewing and approving subcontractor billing.
* Preparing client and subcontractor change orders.
* Monitoring, controlling and reporting on the financial
performance of projects.
* Drafting subcontracts and purchase agreements.
* Monitoring and proofing change issue log.
* Creating and maintaining network and hardcopy files.
* Preparing or supervising the preparation of Submittals, Operation
& Maintenance Manuals, Expediting Reports, Change Order Log, RFI
log, Correspondence Log, etc.
* Assessing any potential job cost impacts, submits, negotiates and
tracks all change orders requests.
* Preparing or supervising the preparation of Job Start and Project
* Reviewing contracts, drawings, specifications and other resources
to answer questions in a timely manner.
* Ensures that all material and equipment is purchased in a timely
and cost-effective manner.
* Evaluating bid estimates, developing cost codes, establishing
definitive budgets, developing manpower plan with Superintendents,
and monitoring field labor progress.
* Taking responsibility for the development and implementation of a
comprehensive construction plan.
* Monitoring the progress towards goals to anticipate potential
* Delivering accurate and timely data to support project
* Coaching and mentoring project team members.
* Developing project staffing plans to include labor,
* Acting as steward of McKinstry culture; communicate and influence
policies and procedures.
* Establishing and leading associated meetings.
* Defining individual project responsibilities and
What we d like you to have:
* Bachelor s degree in Construction Management or Engineering or
equivalent work experience required.
* Five (5) years of experience in project management, engineering,
or construction is required.
* Proficient with scheduling software: Microsoft Project, Primavera
and/or Suretrak required.
* Completed OSHA 30 class is required.
* Experience working for a General Contractor or Major Mechanical
* PE, CPM, LEED professional designations is preferred.
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and Outlook and required.
* Basic estimating skills required.
* RCDD, CPM professional designation is preferred.
* Proficient with construction financial programs and software
* Demonstrates an understanding of accounting and financial
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital
status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other
basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment,
advancement, assignment, and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through
recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all
backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that
it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been
the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity
is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as
a social responsibility and as an economic and business
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon
successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test,
complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and
Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to
successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment
Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human
Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
* Back Share
Keywords: McKinstry Company, Bozeman , Construction Project Manager, Executive , Bozeman, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!