Treasury Manager (Capital Markets) (Relocation to Rapid City)
Company: Black Hills Energy
Posted on: July 3, 2019
Job SpecificationsThis important role will use accounting and
finance experience, business analytics and communication skills to
effectively manage, plan, organize and direct timely, high-quality
financial and operational decisions in support of financing
strategies and corporate objectives.LOCATION:------ Rapid City, SD
- A Comprehensive Relocation Plan is offered for this position!
Our benefits include but are not limited to: home finding trip,
transportation of household goods, temporary housing expenses,
destination apartment search assistance, paid time off to move,
transition and spousal career support, home finder and purchase
assistance, relocation adjustment allowance, destination new
purchase closing costs. Depending on individual circumstances, our
benefit may also include trips home during temporary housing,
renter---s lease cancellation assistance, or home marketing and
sale closing cost assistance and/or purchase closing cost
assistance. Contents of our relocation program are subject to
change and may vary based on position.SALARY RANGE:------
$82,100--- $114,110 (Base salary is determined by the knowledge,
skills and abilities of the applicant.)CLOSING DATE:-------- This
position will remain open until filled.REPORTING
RELATIONSHIP:-------- Assistant TreasurerESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Administer the financial analysis activities and provide the
analysis and interpretation of results to manager and upper
- Assist management in preparation of presentations to the rating
agencies, investors, regulatory
- bodies and internal management.
- Oversee and review treasury process flow and procedure
- Ensure compliance with internal controls as defined within
Sarbanes-Oxley documentation for Treasury operations.
- Analyze industry and company trends and summarize findings for
- Lead team in understanding and interpreting complex accounting
pronouncements applicable to Treasury related activities.
- Manage compliance with internal controls as defined within
Sarbanes-Oxley documentation for Treasury operations.--
- Manage compliance with all representations, warranties and
covenants associated with financing agreements.
- Review monthly accounting entries and account reconciliations
for all debt, interest payments and accrual transactions, hedging
activities, debt and equity capitalization and equity
- Supervise completion of 10Q and 10K financial disclosures.
- Guide or participate in discussions for corporate financing
(debt issuances, equity offerings, use of derivatives such as
hedges, swaps, options and futures) including creating and
analyzing complex financial modeling scenarios.
- Determine optimum utilization of short and long-term financing
- Coordinate implementation of Treasury initiatives including
debt issuances, equity offerings, capitalization structures,
hedging strategies, interest impact, and other derivative financing
- Compile or review filings and presentations related to all
internal and external compliance and reporting requirements
completed within the Treasury department including, but not limited
to, SEC reporting, Sarbanes-Oxley, financing activities, regulatory
filings, rating agency, bondholder and investor requests, etc.
- Oversee the delivery of information to lenders, rating
agencies, regulatory commissions and bondholders, as
- Assist in developing rate review strategies for capital
structures and long-term cost of debt and writing testimony.
- Determine and set priorities for direct reports.
- Work with Treasurer and Assistant Treasurer to manage
investment banking and rating agency relationships.
- Assist in M&A transactions.
- Manage or participate in ad-hoc special projects related to all
areas of treasury.
- Determine and set priorities for direct reports.
- Develop employee development plans for direct and indirect
reports to enhance their professional development.ADDITIONAL
- Support the Company---s strategic objectives including our
mission, vision and values.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of
communication both internally and externally.
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned.WORKING
- Primary Internal Departments:
- Internal Audit
- Primary External Vendors:
- Banking Institutions
- Investment Bankers
- Regulatory Commissions
- Law Firms
- Rating Agencies
- External AuditEXPERIENCE:
- A combination of 7 years in public accounting, corporate
finance or accounting experience required.EDUCATION:
- Bachelor---s degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
required, or equivalent combination of education and
- Master---s degree preferred.KNOWLEDGE:
- Prior experience in utility or energy related industry
- Competent level of knowledge related to business and accounting
procedures and methods.
- Extensive knowledge of automated accounting and spreadsheet
software in relationship to financial and operational
- Experience working with Hyperion Essbase/SmartView, Hyperion
Planning and Hyperion Strategic Finance a plus.
- Experience working with a large accounting software system ---
PeopleSoft Experience a plus.SKILLS/ABILITY/OTHER CHARACTERISTICS:
- Capability to complete detailed review of information presented
and identify risks and opportunities.--
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
- Ability to manage multiple functions simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and verbal and written
- Ability to exercise good business judgment in complex
interrelated business issues.
- Expertise in Microsoft Products.CERTIFICATIONS/CREDENTIALS:
- CPA or CFA designation preferred.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions
of the position with or without accommodation.About our Company: We
are a customer focused, growth-oriented utility company that is
devoted to our communities. We have a mission to improve life with
energy and a vision to be the energy partner of choice. Our diverse
culture sparks unique perspectives, opening doors to new ideas and
possibilities. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 2800
employees and serve 1.2 million natural gas and electric utility
customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming,
Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas).Enjoy our
Comprehensive Benefits Package: annual incentive program, 401(k)
(6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution),
tuition reimbursement, paid time off, additional Veteran PTO,
military leave differential pay, paid holidays and annual floating
holidays, company paid short term and long term disability, paid
maternity and paternity benefits, health and wellness program, and
competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.The information
contained in this position description describes the general nature
and level of work being performed in this job.-- This description
is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities,
duties, and requirements for employees in this position.-- The
incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and
efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety
regulations.-- This job description is not intended to constitute
an offer or contract of employment.---- Job descriptions may and do
change periodically.Black Hills Energy does not sponsor applicants
for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work
in the US.We are an EEO Employer.
Keywords: Black Hills Energy, Bozeman , Treasury Manager (Capital Markets) (Relocation to Rapid City), Executive , Bozeman, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!