Director, Extension Nutrition Education
Company: Montana State University Extension
Posted on: January 21, 2023
MUST APPLY ONLINE AT montana.edu/extension, click on
General Statement:MSU -Extension's Buy Eat Live Better Nutrition
Education Program is supported by two United States Department of
Agriculture (USDA) grants: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance
Program Education (SNAP-Ed), in partnership with the Montana
Department of Public Health and Human Services and the -USDA -Food
and Nutrition Service, and the Expanded Food and Nutrition
Education Program (EFNEP), in partnership with the -USDA -National
Institute of Food and Agriculture.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall leadership and management of the
-SNAP-Ed and -EFNEP -grant programs including grant writing,
program planning, personnel management (hiring and training),
evaluation, reporting, and budget oversight for both programs in
the state of Montana.
- Will collaborate with other agencies and partners at the
university, state and federal level to represent both programs and
engage in collaborative work to support nutrition education efforts
and engage in policy, systems, and environment changes supporting
nutrition and physical activity.
- Will write and submit grant plans annually, manage funds,
interpret and apply guidance received from the federal
- Will directly supervise state level staff, and indirectly
supervise all field staff.
- Will assess needs and identify and plan for the use and
evaluation of curriculum materials and interventions.
- Will work with the Assistant Director to provide training and
professional development for -SNAP-Ed and -EFNEP -field faculty and
- Will undertake a continuous and cohesive program of
- Will utilize technological resources including e-mail and web
conferencing platforms to communicate with Extension personnel and
- Will ensure compliance with civil rights and affirmative action
- Will comply with all Extension federal, state, university,
agency, and department reporting requirements.
- Will assist with statewide functions and perform Family and
Consumer Science related committee assignments related to Extension
Required Qualifications - Experience, Education, Knowledge &
- Master's degree in nutrition, dietetics, health education,
education, public health or a closely related field.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with university,
state, or federal leaders individually and on coalitions or
- Demonstrated project or program management experience,
preferably with federal grants.
- Experience and strong skills in program planning, proposal
development, personnel leadership and budget management.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: Montana State University Extension, Bozeman , Director, Extension Nutrition Education, Executive , Bozeman, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!