Intern - Structural Design Engineer
Company: IMEG Corporation
Posted on: January 27, 2023
ScopeThe Summer Intern assists with calculations, system design,
equipment selections, reports, progress submittals and BIM
instructions for their project to assure project completeness and
accuracy within the allocated period of time and monetary budget.
All of these are done in accordance with IMEG design
- Assist with design portions of a project related to discipline
systems according to code and IMEG standards;
- Assist with researching resources for commercially available
- Assist with good client relations, project design notebook, and
provide documentation for permanent record files;
- Assist with coordinating design and schedule with other
disciplines such as architectural, structural, electrical,
mechanical, technology, clerical and equipment suppliers;
- Assist with documenting design decisions, meetings, and
instructions from client promptly while monitoring project design
- Assist with review of all project documents for accuracy and
completeness prior to requesting a final check;
- Assist with preparation and issuance of addendum
- Conduct periodic job site observations and all other services
as required by the contract services agreement;
- Other duties assigned by the employer.Skills
- Strong interest in design consulting.
- Skill in the use of Microsoft Office programs, CAD software and
- Ability to clearly communicate in both oral and written
communication to individuals or groups.Education and Experience
- Completed Sophomore year towards Bachelor's degree in
Engineering or related field.
- Prior internship experience with building systems design and/or
knowledge of construction techniques a plus.Physical Requirements
- Regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, see, hear, and
lift objects up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally required to drive, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl,
reach with hands or arms, and grasp or pull.
- Will have limited exposure to outside weather conditions and
loud noisesIMEG Corp., an employee-owned corporation, is committed
to investing in employees' futures through professional development
programs and opportunities for career advancement. We offer a
comprehensive benefits package including generous PTO, flexible
schedule, and assistance with tuition reimbursement. Additionally,
employees are eligible to enroll in health, dental, vision, and
life insurance on their first day of employment.Want to learn more
about IMEG and our other amazing career opportunities? Please visit
https://www.imegcorp.com/careers/. IMEG is committed to a diverse
and inclusive workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. We are committed to providing equal employment
opportunities in all employment practices, without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship status,
marital status, age, veteran's status, disability, sexual
orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. Women
and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Keywords: IMEG Corporation, Bozeman , Intern - Structural Design Engineer, Engineering , Bozeman, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!