Company: Jackson Contractor Group, Inc.
Posted on: August 3, 2022
"INNOVATIVE AND RESOURCEFUL PROFESSIONALS PROVIDING POSITIVE
CONSTRUCTION EXPERIENCES AND CREATING PROUD CLIENTS, EMPLOYEES AND
COMMUNITIES"If having a rewarding career where you do meaningful
work, meet great people, get involved in the community and have fun
doing it is what you're after, look no further and keep on
reading!Headquartered in Missoula, Montana, Jackson Contractor
Group, Inc. (Jackson) offers superior General Contracting,
Construction Management and Design-Build services.Established in
2000, Jackson has quickly become a regional general contractor
employed by local, state, and federal agencies as well as private
clients. We provide a highly technical and sophisticated
construction management service while operating on a local and
personal level.We differentiate ourselves from our competitors by
combining capabilities and know-how found in large construction
companies with the responsiveness of a small company. We have the
size and resources to tackle a broad range of projects in different
market sectors including Education, Commercial, Public/Government,
Healthcare/Labs, Civil/Transportation and Residential. Our
expertise covers the full range of construction services allowing
us to oversee a project from inception through warranty.We
currently employ nearly 300 employees across Montana and Washington
with offices in Missoula, Bozeman, and Miles City, MT and Walla
Walla and Spokane, WA. At Jackson, we are in an exciting time of
growth but also take pride in maintaining our culture and values
consisting of safety, communication, quality, integrity and pride,
not necessarily in that order. To do that we encourage all of our
employees to build relationships through honest, open-minded and
effective communication, pursue learning, growth and
self-improvement, complete everything with a pride of ownership and
create a positive work-life balance.Jackson is looking for
hardworking individuals who thrive in a dynamic work environment
and demonstrate dedication, curiosity and passion about
construction. We are interested in people who pride themselves on
doing the right thing. Good people provide the foundation for solid
teams that continually produce exceptional results on each and
every project.SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIESThe Civil & Infrastructure
Project Engineer is responsible for a variety of tasks including
submittals, document control, material procurement, quality control
and safety. Project Engineers work with the Project Managers and
Project Superintendents either on a single project or multiple. It
is the responsibility of the Project Engineer to assist in
delivering the contractual obligations in a manner that is
consistent with Jackson Contractor Group's (Jackson) corporate
culture and core values. ESSENTIAL DUTIES/FUNCTIONS
- Review submittals and shop drawings, ensure on time material
deliveries and maintain document control (RFIs, change orders,
as-builts, etc.) to ensure effective material procurement to
maintain schedule and budget.
- Support the Project Manager with the project finances by
compiling and preparing the monthly Owner pay applications,
processing invoices, estimating change orders, and participating in
closeout, budget adjustments, monthly project status reports and
job cost maintenance.
- Support the Project Superintendent with field management by
interpreting drawings, specifications, form detailing and special
design, production analysis studies and responding to craft and
subcontractor questions and inquiries.
- Participate in project schedule creation and updates.
- Participate on bid teams by performing quantity-take offs,
preparing bid packages and performing subcontract/supplier
- Assist with the preparation and running of weekly subcontractor
and Owner coordination meetings and maintain meeting minutes.
- Assist in the writing and buyout of purchase orders and
- Participate in all aspects of safety on the jobsite including
safety meetings, safety walks, weekly safety audits, etc.
- Maintain quality control documentation and facilitate and/or
participate in preparatory meetings, initial Inspections and
- Other duties as assigned.OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Handle all interactions with coworkers, subcontractors,
clients, the public, etc. in a manner designed to build and
maintain long term relationships.
- Go the extra mile to ensure the project is successful and with
complete satisfaction of the client by double checking all critical
work deliverables to minimize mistakes.
- Complete all tasks with a pride of ownership.
- Never stop improving by initiating personal development
strategies and suggestions for company-wide process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Self-motivation, punctuality and the ability to manage multiple
tasks.EXPERIENCE & SKILLS DESIRED
- Experience in the heavy civil construction field such as
earthwork, utilities, water/wastewater treatment plants, bridges,
- Must be able to read and understand project documents such as
plans, specifications, contracts, etc.
- Four-year degree from an accredited university or college in a
related field of construction or equivalent work experience
- Survey and layout to determine the relationship between
locations. Interpreting the plans and marking the location of
proposed new structures.
- Preferred experience with the following programs:
- Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel
- ASTA Power Project
- Trimble Suite
- Civil 3D
- MicroStation or similar
- AutoCADCERTIFICATES & LICENSES --- Montana SWPPP/Washington
CESCL certification is encouraged
Keywords: Jackson Contractor Group, Inc., Bozeman , Civil Engineer, Engineering , Bozeman, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!