Clinical Education Specialist in Bozeman, MT
Company: American Medical Response
Posted on: August 8, 2019
CLINICAL EDUCATION SPECIALIST IN BOZEMAN, MT
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
SUMMARY: Under general direction, oversees Clinical and Education
Services activities for the local service area. Represents AMR to
local committees, medical and training institutions, and other
related agencies. Responsible for the creation, implementation, and
tracking of education programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assist in recruitment through involvement in area EMS classes and
* Assist in the development of an orientation program and a system
* Actively participate in and/or develop a process for the
evaluation and/or selection of equipment .
* Develop education process to include course objectives,
examinations and manuals for use as lesson plans.
* Conduct and coordinate National Registry
* Conduct orientation classes, IV certification courses, ACLS/PALS
instructor certification courses, CPR/AED/National Safety Council
first aid instructor courses, and certification courses on
* Work with local physician advisory groups.
* Participate in clinical aspects of problem resolution.
* Oversee any clinical requirements related to contracts,
* Track and reviews events in response to complaints and/or
compliments relating to medical
* Conduct clinical quality assurance investigations immediately
upon receiving information regarding a possible protocol or
standard of care violation. In most cases, investigation should be
completed within 72 hours of initial report. Document findings in
writing. Provide timely briefings to Director of Operations on
incidents and investigations, as
* Responsible for tracking and maintenance of employee
certifications and vaccinations in a
* Identify, develop, and implement quality improvement (QI) In
order to assure clinical excellence, programs should include, but
are not limited to proactive and retrospective elements of QI
concerning clinical call reviews, chart reviews, and trend analysis
for both individual and group clinical performance. Such programs
should drive the continuing education (CE) process and related
coursed offered to field personnel.
* Responsible for the Field Training Officers (FTOs). This
includes, but is not limited to, leading the selection process of
FTOs; the monitoring and directing of the FTO program; assisting
with development of FTO guidelines and procedures; and coordinating
* Represent AMR with local EMS education programs and assure
integration with internship and preceptor
* Serve as a clinical resource for field and management
* Assist in the creation/revision of medical policy.
* Oversee clinical aspects of field
* Represent the Manager of Clinical and Education Services.
* Conduct clinical call reviews and investigations.
* Represents AMR with local EMS education programs.
* Participate in scheduling third riders.
* Coordinate evaluations for local paramedic school candidates.
* Schedule continuing education programs pertinent to field
* Work with other CES Coordinators to assure standardization of CES
programs throughout the service areas.
* Reviews completed patient care reports for accuracy.
* Designs, implements, and reviews utilization management
* Evaluates statistics regarding Medicare, Medicaid, and other
billing for review of problem areas.
* Provides clinical support for documentation and billing
* Participates in appeals processes from a clinical
* Assists in planning and monitoring managed care utilization
* Adhere to all company policies and
* Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is
everyone s It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know
and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures.
Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report
information systems security problems.
NONESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Perform other duties
* High School Diploma or
* The following certifications are required:
* BTLS Provider or Instructor certification
* ACLS Instructor certification
* PALS Instructor certification.
* Current State Certification as a Paramedic or eligible to obtain
* Acceptable driving
* Minimum of 3 years experience in the direct delivery of
pre-hospital advanced life support as a Paramedic
* Applicable State Instructor/Coordinator
* Experience in performing, evaluating, instructing, and coaching
all aspects of the delivery of pre-hospital care
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
* Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently.
* Basic knowledge of computers and Windows
* Basic knowledge of Continuous Quality Improvement concepts
* Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication
Global Medical Response and its family of companies including
American Medical Response is an Equal Opportunity Employer
including Veterans and Disabled
Keywords: American Medical Response, Bozeman , Clinical Education Specialist in Bozeman, MT, Education / Teaching , Bozeman, Montana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!